FollowersofPompeyblonde

Thursday 11 April 2013

Hi there! I come to you today from the big smoke Walthamstow to be exact, E17. I've come up to London today just for a nose about,  and am going to see a friend in Essex later, So great to be back in London and this area isnt familiar to me, but its really great. I'm currently in a pub called the Nags Head having a very nice Pizza and Pinot for 10 quid. (free wifi too!)

Ofcourse I don't really know where Ill end up living but Im drawn to east London, I've never lived there before, and Walthamstow in particular just seems to have a nice villagey feel while being on a tube line straight to Victoria and central London.

Its expensive, but in comparison with Sydney? not so much, ofcourse it depends how much you end up earning etc, but it can be done, we'll see what transpires anyway...

Things are still going well, I think its quite difficult for both mum and I being together 24 hours virtually and Im still adjusting, so all things considered its going ok, but probably good that Im coming away for a few days. The weather is still bizarrely cold for April, but slightly warmer than it was, but Im ok at present,  dressing well, utilising the Ugg boots etc!

So, am I missing Australia at all? No, still nothing, I've been in touch with a couple of friends but I really don't feel nothing, it certainly doesn't compare with the shock of moving to Australia, which really felt like a wrench. Sometimes its like the last 7 years never happened. However, that's not to say I haven't changed and grown with the experience I do feel I have and I certainly don't feel that I'm going backwards. But the feeling of belonging is there, just for info today I have had small convos with several people, asking directions, talking about the weather, news etc etc. that never happened in Sydney, so much just seemed so superficial....

So all's good I feel this inner feeling of peace, that I haven't felt since I left the UK, I have no urge to go anywhere,  just want to soak everything in! I also love that I'm allowed to have a point of view and not seen as weird for having one! People here actually participate in debate and points of view are welcome! what a relief after years of dumbing down and the frustration of the passive Aussies who don't speak up on anything (on the whole) so frustrating.....

Sorry, I cant yet give you any negatives! 

Notice in pub: "When you're tired of London you're tired of life" Samuel Johnson 1709 :)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I do miss the debate and POV thing!

    ReplyDelete